The Aransas Pass Public Safety Explorer Post 347 allows all ages from 14-20. The Post is sponsored by the Aransas Pass Police Department, Tri-County EMS, and Aransas Pass Fire Departments in conjunction with the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) Learning for Life Program.
The purpose of our Public Safety Explorer Program is to:
- Provide young adults who may be interested in a career in the first responder field with a comprehensive program of training, competition, service and practical experiences that educate them on purpose, mission and objectives of law enforcement agencies.
- Help prepare Explorer to become better citizens and community members through character development, physical fitness, good citizenship, leadership skills, self-control, accountability, pride and patriotism.
- Provide the first responder profession an opportunity to further an investment in its own future through constructive relationships with young adults contemplating a career in the field of public safety.
Area youth are recruited through schools, community presentations, and by referral. Recruitment may be done anytime of the year or at the request of the Board of Directors. In our post we strive on providing all clothing and equipment at no cost for each explorer however in order to make this possible, we are dependent on money raised from donations and fundraisers. When an Explorer graduates from the prospect phase they will be provided:
- Red, Gray, Blue Explorer T Shirts (used during meetings or events)
- Black Explorer T-shirt (used during PT)
- Blue reflective Polo Shirt (used during Ride-Along or events)
- Black uniform with our patch on sleeves, nameplate and badge (used for competition or events)
- Full duty belt set up including handcuffs, blue training gun, holster and etc. (used during training or competitions)
- Safety Vest (used during physical training exercises or events)
Our Explorers and Advisors abide by the policies in the Standard Operating Procedures and Bylaws of the Aransas Pass Public Safety Explorer Post 347. Copies are provided below: